With the success of a few, disgruntled, misinformed students getting their way on the Mizzou campus, students at more institutions are making equally ludicrous demands based on little more than innuendo, ideology, and indoctrination.
Take, for instance, the attempt by students at Vanderbilt who are trying to get rid of a professor, Dr. Carol M. Swain, because she is, and I hope you are sitting down, a Conservative, Christian, BLACK woman.
How dare she?!
Ahem. So yes, the incredibly intolerant (and intolerable) students have a petition out to sully this woman’s reputation and career by making salacious, unsubstantiated, claims against her.
So apparently, Dr. Swain is allowed to believe what she wants, just not on campus, or where it might somehow offend these delicate children.
Wow. Honestly, it is a little hard to take these kids seriously, isn’t it? Except the Administrators are doing just that, so afraid are they of being labeled RACISTS.
For instance, you have the Mizzou Student Body President has already acknowledged he made up his whole story about the KKK on campus. And then there is thethe Mizzou Student Body Vice President who doesn’t think the First Amendment is so hot when it allows people to say things she doesn’t like, or that might hurt someone’s feelings.
And that is where we are now. No wonder Dr. Carson made the following claim on Megyn Kelly’s program Thursday night (h/t Facebook friend):
Yes, “infantile” is a good word for how these COLLEGE students are acting. And it is a “dangerous trend.” Holy smokes, Kids in kindergarten act better than this. Good grief.
And no wonder our neighbors from the North think we are not the brightest (though bear in mind this list was compiled before Canadians elected their own version of Barack Obama):
10. Only in America …Could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
9. Only in America …Could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40+% of all federal entitlements goes to black Americans – 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!
8. Only in America …Could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
7. Only in America …Can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
6. Only in America …Would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just ‘magically’ become American citizens.
4. Only in America …Could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
2. Only in America …Could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year – for total spending of $7Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money.
1. Only in America …Could the rich people – who pay 86% of all income taxes – be accused of not paying their “fair share” by people who don’t pay any income taxes at all.
And only in America are our children being taught to think the 1% will be willign to pay for EVERYONE’S college education, forgive their debt, AND make it so they get paid a $15 minimum wage for on-campus jobs.
Yep, that is but some of the things espoused by Keely , one of the organizers for the Million Student March whom Neil Cavuto had on his program Thursday. This interview is making the rounds for a host of reasons. Watch it below, and you will see why:
One of my favorite parts was when young Keely said her parents and family would be more than HAPPY to pay more so she, and all other students across the land, could have a free college education, etc., etc. She then proclaims they are on a host of government subsidies.
Um, I am not mathematician, but doesn’t that mean that we, the taxpayers, who are already funding much of her education and her family’s living will be expected to pay even MORE if they start having to pay more? That is to say, it highlights yet another flaw in this young woman’s “logic.”
And yet another reason she, and those who think like her, must be “high as a kite” to think people, including the wealthiest in this country, would be happy shelling out NINETY PERCENT of their income! She mentioned millionaires – does she really think someone who works to make a MILLION dollars is going to be happy with just one hundred thousand of the time and energy they spent earning it?? Of course not! And why SHOULD they?! But hey – she did note if they had to give ALL of their money, that would be SOCIALISM, and that isn’t good. They can give NINETY percent and that is just fine, and still Capitalism, in her mind. Good grief.
This brings me to a Programming note. Sharyl Attkisson’s “Full Measure” will include a look at colleges:
[…] On some college campuses, it’s not a matter of ‘Speak no Evil’…it’s ‘Don’t Speak at All’. The trend of promoting the PC agenda, and how some say it’s not only destroying free speech, but the fundamentals of education. We’ll also hear from George Will who is top on the university “disinvited” lists. (Click here to read the rest.)
That should be an interesting and timely segment.
Oh, one other programming note for today. Gretchen Carlson will have Carly Fiorina on her show at 2:00 EST for those who are interested.
That’s it for me. I can take only so much of the stupidity that is rocking our college campuses. What’s on your minds today? This is an Open Thread.