Tuesday night brought President Obama’s farewell to the people after his eight (long) years in office. Besides preempting some of my shows Tuesday night (it’s the final season of “Bones,” for heaven’s sake – c’mon!), it didn’t affect me much until the next day when I was forced to hear clips of Pinnochio’s – er – Obama’s speech. Honestly, I tried to listen to the couple of minutes he was on, but the hooey got so deep so quickly, I just had to change the channel.
Which is why I am thankful for people like Ben Shapiro who took one for the team by listening to, and reviewing, Obama’s Farewell full of hooey so deep, there was no light there. Well, to his followers there likely was – they no doubt saw a halo around his head as he spoke. But to those of us in the “reality-based community,”not so much.
Anyway, Shapiro somehow was able to narrow down the number of Obama’s falsehoods to the 15 biggest ones, a Herculean effort, I have no doubt. I mean, really – I am sure there were MANY from which to choose, if past is prologue, and it seems this time was no different. Now, I can’t include all 15 of them here, but here are a few of them, including the ones which made me change the channel (Iran and Cuba). From Shapiro at the Daily Wire:
1. He Believes Change Comes From Ordinary People. Obama said, “I learned that change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged, and come together to demand it. After eight years as your president, I still believe that.” Really? That’s odd. His signature legislation forced benighted Americans to purchase health insurance and required religious Americans to forego their religious objections to contraceptives and abortion coverage. This is the same fellow who once referred to half the electorate as bitter clingers obsessed with God and xenophobia thanks to their poverty, and labeled the Tea Party as a terrorist entity.
4. He Fixed Cuba. Obama bragged about “open[ing] a new chapter with the Cuban people.” But the Cuban people are still stuck living under a communist tyranny that has now been significantly enriched and empowered by Obama’s support.
5. He Disarmed Iran. Obama said he had “shut down Iran’s nuclear weapons program without firing a shot.” That’s patently untrue. The Associated Press reported yesterday that the Obama administration greenlit a shipment of tons of uranium to Iran. Iran has been secretly pursuing nuclear development, and Obama’s been ignoring it, as well as their material support for terrorism.
6. He Won “Marriage Equality.” Actually, Obama opposed same-sex marriage until his 2012 re-election campaign. It was Anthony Kennedy and his extraconstitutional mandate that “won” so-called “marriage equality.”
7. He “Secure[d] The Right To Health Insurance.” Actually, Obama just mandated that Americans buy health insurance at gunpoint. That’s not securing a right. That’s controlling others with coercion.
See now why I had to change the channel? I mean, really – the lies were flying thick and fast at Obama’s “Aloha” speech It is really astonishing to see the way in which he, and his supporters, characterize his eight years of Presidency.
And you know Obama had to bring up his legacy, Obamacare, as being a great thing:
9. Healthcare Costs Are Under Control. Obama said that health care costs are rising at the lowest rate in 50 years. This is a far cry from Obama’s claim that Obamacare would lower the cost of a typical family’s premium by $2,500 per year. Instead, premiums have skyrocketed inside Obamacare, and insurance companies have also raised premiums for employer-based insurance to compensate for the new regulations. […] (Click here to read the rest.)
Good one, Obama!! Oh, wait – apparently he said that with a straight face. Gotta hand it to him, that man can ACT, can’t he? Especially since even NPR and Harvard are acknowledging what a DISASTER (as Trump would say) it is:
National Public Radio collaborated with Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to survey Americans’ recent experience with health care. As to the Affordable Care Act, the survey’s findings are damning. They suggest that Obamacare has been worse than a complete waste of money.
This is the survey’s only question directly on Obamacare. Most respondents say that Obamacare hasn’t affected them; where it has affected them, most say the law’s impact has been harmful:
(Click here to read the rest.)
Uh, yeah – pretty damning indeed, especially since it is costing most of us WAY more money a year for less coverage, higher deductibles, higher co-pays, and higher out-of-pocket expenses. And yes, I am speaking from experience there.
There were more lies from Obama, including a WHOPPER on Race Relations, and if you can stomach it, you can read the rest of Shapiro’s excellent piece, “Don’t Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out”:Obama Says Goodbye With 15 Big Fibs.”
All I can say is, as much as I fear a Trump Presidency, I cannot wait for this man and his lying ways to leave the White House. I am sure I am not alone.
I think this parody sums it up well, and includes even more lies than the ones Obama mentioned in his “Final Farewell”:
While I was not one of the “inspired” ones, I appreciate those who came to see the light, though too late to spare the nation from Obama’s lying lies. And have there ever been plenty of them!
So, yeah – don’t let that door hit you on the way out, President Pinnochio!
Feel free to discuss any of the above, add your own “favorite” Obama lies, the on-going Confirmation hearings this week, or whatever else is on your minds. This is an Open Thread.